For students who require a visa to enter Italy

Il Sasso Italian language school will provide all the necessary information regarding obtaining a visa. If necessary, Il Sasso will send you all the documentation required to make the request. You are kindly requested to dedicate a few minutes to reading the following information, in order to find out if you require a visa and, if so, which kind of visa you require.

In general, people travelling to Europe from abroad are required to hold a valid passport. However, citizens of the following countries can visit Italy with another form of identification (an identity card valid for travel abroad) instead of a passport:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

For trips less than 90 days, we advise you not to request a study visa. You will be able to enter Italy with a tourist visa.
Citizens of the following countries don't require a visa to frequent a language course in Italy:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia,
Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria,
Canada, Chile, Costa Rica,
El Salvador,
Gibraltar, Guatemala,
Ireland, Israel,
Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro,
New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Korea,
Panama, Paraguay,
Singapore, South Korea,
United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay,

Citizens of countries not listed are required to request a visa (possibly for a tourist visa) to frequent a language course in Italy (e.g. Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Colombia, Macedonia, Georgia, India, Marocco, Peru, Russia, Serbia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the Ukraine).

How to request a tourist visa
The following documents are required to request a tourist visa (up to 90 days):
Request form
1 passport format photograph
Passport with at least three months additional validity beyond the period for the requested visa, and with at least one empty page
Documentation confirming possession of financial means sufficient for sustenance during the stay in Italy
Return airplane ticket
Medical insurance for the entire duration of the stay (for medical treatment and hospital admissions)
Documentation that proves that you are in a socio-economic position or in a working and family position that guarantees your effective interest in returning to your own country at the end of the validity period of the visa
Confirmation of hotel booking or other accommodation.
The visa should be issued within 90 days (usually within 2 to 4 weeks) and its duration corresponds to the duration of the course you are going to frequent, and in any case not for longer than a year.

Important note
The information on this page has been carefully verified. However, regulations can change, so you are kindly requested to always check all information with the Italian Foreign Ministry site